Don’t just make a donation—make a difference
Offering giving opportunities that support older adults.
Our goal is to help connect your passions and your gifts to make a meaningful impact. Remember, your gifts remain local for your intended purpose. As a nonprofit organization with 501(c)(3) status, the UMRC Foundation gratefully accepts:
- Annual Gifts - Monetary gifts made by check or credit card by mail, phone, or click here to make a secure online donation.
- Matching Gifts - If you work for a company that matches gifts, your contribution could be doubled or even tripled to provide even more assistance for the older adults we serve.
- Tribute Gift – A gift to the UMRC Foundation is a special way to remember or honor loved ones, especially for those who have had a connection with UMRC, while supporting the needs of older adults.
- Stock Gifts - Gifts of publicly traded securities that have appreciated in value allow you to avoid capital gains taxes while also receiving a tax deduction for your gift. Plus, you may specify the area you would like the proceeds to support (such as Benevolent Care or Capital Improvements) or contribute them to our Unrestricted Fund to be used where needed most. The Foundation benefits by selling the stock without paying taxes on the gain, and you benefit from making a contribution that may be larger than what you might have been able to donate in cash.
Before a transfer of stock is made, please notify us at [email protected]. The following are the DTC instructions for the UMRC Foundation for the transfer of stock:
Custodian: SEI Private Trust Company
DTC Participant #: 2039
Agent Internal Account #: 11102-C
Interested Party Account Name: UMRC Foundation
Interested Party Account Number: 210071-STK
- Gift from your IRA – If you are 70 1/2 years or older, making a gift from your IRA may provide tax benefits. Consult your financial advisor to learn more.
- Life Lease or Entrance Fee – If you are a resident with a Life Lease or Entrance Fee, you may want to join your neighbors and donate some or all of your refundable portion.
- Planned Giving – Leave a lasting legacy with a gift in your will or estate to the UMRC Foundation.
Making a charitable donation to the UMRC Foundation is as easy as clicking, calling, or sending in by mail. See the options below to get started:
Click here to make a secure online gift via credit card
Please call the UMRC Foundation office at 734.433.1000 Ext. 7502
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
UMRC Foundation 805 W. Middle Street, Chelsea, MI 48118
If you wish to make a gift of stock or other securities, please call 734.433.1000 Ext. 7502 for transfer instructions.